- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
Imam Reza (A.s)
Fazl bin Shadhan said: “One day I heard Imam Reza (A.S) to call God in this way in his prayers:”
سُبْحَانَ مَنْ خَلَقَ الْخَلْقَ بِقُدْرَتِهِ وَ أَتْقَنَ مَا خَلَقَ بِحِكْمَتِهِ وَ وَضَعَ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ مِنْهُ مَوْضِعَهُ بِعِلْمِهِ سُبْحَانَ مَنْ يَعْلَمُ خَائِنَةَ الْأَعْيُنِ وَ مَا تُخْفِي الصُّدُورُ وَ لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِ شَيْءٌ وَ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْبَصِير.
Glorified is the one who has created the creatures with His powers, and built what He has created on the basis of wisdom and placed everything in their place. Glorified is the one who knows the treacherous eyes, and what is hidden in the chests, there is nothing like Him, and He is the All Hearing, the All Seeing.
Uyoun Akhbar Al-Ridha, vol. 1, p. 118.