- Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H): Whenever one of you is needy and brings that to other people, he will not be satisfied. and Whenever someone is needy and brings that to Lord, he shall give him what he wants. sooner or later.
- Imam Sadiq (As.): Whenever you had tenderness in your heart, Pray. because your heart doesn't get tender unless it's pure.
- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
Prayer for Morning
When we wake up in the morning, we must remember the Lord of creation. It seems nice to remember him by a short and meaningful prayer that the Holy Prophet has taught us. Learn this du'a with translation and transliteration by reading through this article.
قَالَ رَسُولُ اللهِ صلىاللهعليهوآله:
مَنْ قَالَ حِينَ يُصْبِحُ :
لاَ إِلَهَ إِلّاَ اللهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَشَرِيكَ لَهُ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ يُحْيِي وَيُمِيتُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ عَشْرَ مَرَّاتٍ.
كَتَبَ اللهُ لَهُ بِكُلِّ وَاحِدَةٍ قَالَهَا عَشْرَ حَسَنَاتٍ وَحَطَّ عَنْهُ بِهَا عَشْرَ سَيِّئَاتٍ وَرَفَعَهُ بِهَا عَشْرَ دَرَجَاتٍ وَكُنَّ لَهُ مَسْلَحَةً مِنْ أَوَّلِ نَهَارِهِ إِلَى آخِرِهِ وَلَمْ يَعْمَلْ يَوْمَئِذٍ عَمَلاً يَقْهَرُهُنَّ.
The noble prophet of Allah (s) said:
"Everyone who says ten times in the morning,
'There is no god except Allah alone, he has no partner, he has the empire, and praise belongs to him, he makes alive and brings death and he is capable of everything.'
Allah will write him ten rewards and will take from him ten sins and will raise him ten steps for each recitation and these recitations will be his weapon from the beginning of the day until the end of it and he will not do on that day anything stronger than these recitations.
LĀ ILĀHA ILLA-LLĀH WAḤDAHU LĀ SHARĪKA LAHU LAHU-LMULKU WA LAHU-LḤAMD, YUḤYĪ WA YUMĪTU WA HUWA ʿALĀ KULLI SHAYʾIN QADĪR.
Chain of Narrators
عَنِ الْمَجَازَاتِ النَّبَوِيَّةِ لِلسَّيِّدِ الرَّضِيِّ قَالَ: قَالَ النَّبِي صلىاللهعليهوآله.
Narrated from al-Majazat al-Nabawiyyah, a book written by al-Sayyid al-Raḍi, in which he said the noble prophet said thus.
المجازات النبوية، ص: 355
al-Majazat al-Nabawiyyah, P. 355.