- Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H): Whenever one of you is needy and brings that to other people, he will not be satisfied. and Whenever someone is needy and brings that to Lord, he shall give him what he wants. sooner or later.
- Imam Sadiq (As.): Whenever you had tenderness in your heart, Pray. because your heart doesn't get tender unless it's pure.
- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
A Prayer That Came From Jesus
Ibn Tawus said: I have followed my own documents on the narration of this tradition up to Sa’ad ibn Hebbatollah Rawandi and he has mentioned his own documents on the narration (of this prayer) in the book “Ghesasul Anbia” (the stories of the prophets) that Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq (A.S) narrated this tradition from his father to the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and said: When the Jewish community came together and decided to kill Jesus Christ (peace be upon Muhammad and his Household and him), Gabriel came down and covered him (Jesus) with his own wings. Then, when Jesus looked up, he saw this prayer written under the wings of Gabriel and this is the prayer:
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَدْعُوكَ بِاسْمِكَ الْوَاحِدِ الاَعَزِّ وَأَدْعُوكَ اللَّهُمَّ بِاسْمِكَ الصَّمَدِ وَأَدْعُوكَ اللَّهُمَّ بِاسْمِكَ الْعَظِيمِ الْوَتْرِ وَأَدْعُوكَ اللَّهُمَّ بِاسْمِكَ الْكَبِيرِ الْمُتَعَالِ الَّذِي ثَبَتَتْ بِهِ أَرْكَانُكَ كُلُّهَا أَنْ تَكْشِفَ عَنِّي مَا أَصْبَحْتُ وَأَمْسَيْتُ فِيهِ.
O’ Lord! Verily, I call You by Your name which is the One Dearest and I call You O’ Lord by Your name the Impenetrable and I call You by Your name the Great Single and I call You by Your name the Great Most High because of which all Your pillars are fixed, to remove what I enter upon morning and I enter upon evening in.
Then, when you pray this way, God the Almighty sends Revelation to Gabriel that “bring this person to me”. Then, the Holy Prophet added: “O’ the sons of Abdul Mutalib, call Your God with these names. Thus, I swear to God who has my life in his hands, no servant recites this prayer with pure intentions unless the Throne moves because of these words and God says to His angels that: witness that I accepted their prayers and bestowed their worldly and the hereafter requests”. Then the Prophet (PBUH) said to his followers: “use these words and do not worry about its acceptance.”