- Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H): Whenever one of you is needy and brings that to other people, he will not be satisfied. and Whenever someone is needy and brings that to Lord, he shall give him what he wants. sooner or later.
- Imam Sadiq (As.): Whenever you had tenderness in your heart, Pray. because your heart doesn't get tender unless it's pure.
- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
To Free Oneself From Famine
O, Muhammad! If some people from among Your Ummah [i.e. Islamic Community] is afflicted by famine [for, I punish the sinners with drought and shortness of crops] should seek refuge in Me. Whosoever has committed any mischief and sin should come to My Threshold and recite this Prayer:
يَا مُعِينَنَا عَلَى دِينِنَا بِإِحْيَائِهِ أَنْفُسَنَا بِالَّذِي نَشَرَ عَلَيْنَا مِنْ رِزْقِهِ نَزَلَ بِنَا أَمْرٌ عَظِيمٌ لاَ يَقْدِرُ عَلَى تَفْرِيجِهِ عَنَّا غَيْرُ مُنْزِلِهِ يَا مُنْزِلَهُ عَجَزَ الْعِبَادُ عَنْ فَرَجِهِ فَقَدْ أَشْرَفَتِ الْاَبْدَانُ عَلَى الْهَلاَكِ وَ إِذَا هَلَكَتِ الْاَبْدَانُ هَلَكَ الدِّينُ، يَا دَيَّانَ الْعِبَادِ وَ مُدَبِّرَ أُمُورِهِمْ بِتَقْدِيرِ أَرْزَاقِهِمْ، لاَ تَحُولَنَّ بِشَيْء بَيْنَنَا وَ بَيْنَ رِزْقِكَ وَ هَنِّئْنَا مَا أَصْبَحْنَا فِيهِ مِنْ كَرَامَتِكَ لَكَ مُتَعَرِّضِينَ قَدْ أُصِيبَ مَنْ لاَ ذَنْبَ لَهُ مِنْ خَلْقِكَ بِذُنُوبِنَا، فَارْحَمْنَا بِمَنْ جَعَلْتَهُ أَهْلًا لِذَلِكَ حِينَ تُسْأَلُ بِهِ يَا رَحِيمُ لاَ تَحْبِسْ عَنْ أَهْلِ الْاَرْضِ مَا فِي السَّمَاءِ وَ انْشُرْ عَلَيْنَا رَحْمَتَكَ وَ ابْسُطْ عَلَيْنَا كَنَفَكَ وَ عُدْ عَلَيْنَا بِقَبُولِكَ وَ عَافِنَا مِنَ الْفِتْنَةِ فِي الدِّينِ وَ الدُّنْيَا وَ شَمَاتَةِ الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ، يَا ذَا النَّفْعِ وَ الضَّرِّ إِنَّكَ إِنْ أَنْجَيْتَنَا فَبِلاَ تَقْدِيم مِنَّا لاَِعْمَال حَسَنَة وَ لَكِنْ لاِِتْمَامِ مَا بِنَا مِنَ الرَّحْمَةِ وَ النِّعْمَةِ، وَ إِنْ رَدَدْتَنَا فَبِلاَ ظُلْم مِنْكَ لَنَا وَ لَكِنْ بِجِنَايَتِنَا، فَاعْفُ عَنَّا قَبْلَ انْصِرَافِنَا وَ اقْلِبْنَا بِإِنْجَاحِ الْحَاجَةِ يَا عَظِيمُ.
O God…! O You, Who have protected and guarded our Faith and Religion, by expanding, extending, and abounding Your Provisions, and has kept us alive, steady and constant…! However, right now, a great calamity has taken hold of us and dominates us…!
No one except You, [Who has sent down this affliction] can remove and take this calamity away from us…! Therefore, O God, O You, Who has sent down this affliction, Know that Your servants are utterly incapable, helpless and powerless to remove that calamity from themselves! However, soon the bodies of Your slaves [servants] are prone to be destroyed and ruined; and when human beings are annihilated and destroyed, Religion will perish and die away in Its turn...
O You, Who are the Possessor of servants, and You are the One, Who destines and decrees their enterprises and their Provision…! Pray, Do not put any obstacles between Your Blessings and Provisions and us.
Make Your Generosity and Liberality that You have bestowed on us, be steady and constant, for we have turned to You [for help and assistance]. Those who have not committed any Sins have been afflicted by famine... Therefore, Forgive us by the grace of those, who are worthy of Your Grace and Your Mercy.
O Good God…! We take these people above, as our intercessors before your Threshold. O God…! Please do not withhold Your Heavenly Blessings from the inhabitants of Earth. Extend and Expand Your Grace and Favor upon us…!
Be our Guardian and Protector, and Deign to accept our repentance and excuse, and Do not afflict us, by any “Fitnah” [i.e. tumult-oppression-trials-calamity-discord-opposition] either in our Religion or in our earthly matters.
O God…! Our benefits and our losses are in Your Hands, therefore do not let the disbelievers blame and reprove us, [for it may rejoice our enemies].
O God…! We do not have any good and virtuous deeds to offer them before Your Divine Threshold, so that You may save us from affliction; however, we do hope in You [that by removing this calamity] You may complete Your Mercy and Your Blessing upon on. O God…! If You expel us from Your Threshold, you have not committed any oppression or injustice whatsoever, for we have indeed, committed sins and crimes. However, O Good God, before we turn our face away from You, Forgive us and Deign to bestow Your Mercy on us. O God...! Do fulfill our wishes and requests, and Transform our states and conditions of being [into something better]!
[O, Muhammad!] whosoever prays sincerely, I will transform the famine of that Community into prosperity and welfare, and will change their fears into safety and tranquility! Then again, I will make the difficulties become easy, for I taught you a very important Prayer.