- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
To Turn Away The Enmity And Hostility Of The Enemies And Thieves
O, Muhammad! Whosoever is afraid of the enemies’ hostility and deceitfulness should recite this Prayer, where he fears:
يَا آخِذاً بِنَوَاصِي خَلْقِهِ وَ السَّافِعَ بِهَا إِلَى قَدْرِهِ وَ الْمُنْفِذَ فِيهَا حُكْمَهُ وَ خَالِقَهَا وَ جَاعِلَ قَضَائِهِ لَهَا غَالِباً وَ كُلُّهُمْ ضَعِيفٌ عِنْدَ غَلَبَتِهِ، وَثِقْتُ بِكَ يَا سَيِّدِي عِنْدَ قُوَّتِهِمْ، إِنِّي مَكْيُودٌ لِضَعْفِي وَ لِقُوَّتِكَ عَلَى مَنْ كَادَنِي تَعَرَّضْتُ لَكَ فَسَلِّمْنِي مِنْهُمْ. اللَّهُمَّ فَإِنْ حُلْتَ بَيْنَهُمْ وَ بَيْنِي فَذَلِكَ أَرْجُوهُ مِنْكَ وَ إِنْ أَسْلَمْتَنِي إِلَيْهِمْ غَيَّرُوا مَا بِي مِنْ نِعَمِكَ، يَا خَيْرَ الْمُنْعِمِينَ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّد وَ آلِ مُحَمَّد وَ لاَ تَجْعَلْ تَغْيِيرَ نِعْمَتِكَ عَلَى يَدِ أَحَد سِوَاكَ وَ لاَ تُغَيِّرْهَا أَنْتَ بِي فَقَدْ تَرَى الَّذِي يُرَادُ بِي، فَحُلْ بَيْنِي وَ بَيْنَ شَرِّهِمْ بِحَقِّ مَا بِهِ تَسْتَجِيبُ الدُّعَاءَ، يَا اللهُ يَا رَبَّ الْعَالَمِينَ.
O, Allah…! O You, Who have full power and control over Your slaves’ [servants’] will and affairs. You only determine Your slaves’ [servants’] fate and destiny! It is indeed Your Judgment, which will rule over all other judgments! When Your Commandment is executed, everyone is impotent and powerless before Your Will.
O, God…! I seek refuge beside You, and hope in You, against powerful enemies and thieves. However, because of my own weakness, I am easily deceived, and the enmity and hostility of my enemies is executed against my humble person! However, You are Powerful against those, who are using deception and cunning against me: therefore, I come to You. Protect and Preserve me then, from their hostility, and Safeguard me.
O, God…! I would like to ask You, and I hope in You that You make an obstacle between them and I, for they are taking Your Blessings and Your Bounties, away from me!
O, God, You are Excellent, and You it is, Who bestows abundant Blessings!
Therefore, Grant Your Blessings and Peace to Muhammad and the holy Family of Muhammad. Do not permit anyone, but Yourself, to take Your Blessing and Bounties away from my person, and transform them into something else. I implore You: not even You, should not take Your Blessing and Your Bounties away from me, and Do not change them into something else!
For, You are witnessing and observing how they [i.e. my enemies] are acting and behaving towards me, and how wicked they are to me. Therefore, Turn the wickedness of my enemies away from my person, by the power of Your Glorious Name, by whose Blessing, You are fulfilling this Prayer, O Allah, O Lord of the Worlds [i.e. Ālamin]!
[O, Muhammad] If he recites this Prayer, I will protect and will make him victorious over the enemies.