- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
To Compensate For The Committed Sins
O, Muhammad! Whosoever had been a disbeliever and intends now to repent and believe in Me, should perform a Ritual Ablution of all his body and put on a clean garment. He should then turn towards the “Qiblah”, and throw himself down and place his forehead in the dust; in that precise moment, no veil shall exist between he and I, therefore, he should say humbly:
يَا مَنْ تَغَشَّى لِبَاسَ النُّورِ السَّاطِعِ الَّذِي اسْتَضَاءَ بِهِ أَهْلُ سَمَاوَاتِهِ وَ أَرْضِهِ وَ يَا مَنْ خَزَنَ رُؤْيَتَهُ عَنْ كُلِّ مَنْ هُوَ دُونَهُ وَ كَذَلِكَ يَنْبَغِي لِوَجْهِهِ الَّذِي عَنَتْ وُجُوهُ الْمَلاَئِكَةِ الْمُقَرَّبِينَ لَهُ. إِنَّ الَّذِي كُنْتُ لَكَ فِيهِ مِنْ عَظَمَتِكَ جَاحِداً أَشَدُّ مِنْ كُلِّ نِفَاق، فَاغْفِرْ لِي جُحُودِي فَإِنِّي أَتَيْتُكَ تَائِباً وَ هَا أَنَا ذَا أَعْتَرِفُ لَكَ عَلَى نَفْسِي بِالْفِرْيَةِ عَلَيْكَ، فَإِذْ أَمْهَلْتَ لِي فِي الْكُفْرِ ثُمَّ خَلَّصْتَنِي مِنْهُ فَطَوِّقْنِي حُبَّ الاِْيمَانِ الَّذِي أَطْلُبُهُ مِنْكَ بِحَقِّ مَا لَكَ مِنَ الْاَسْمَاءِ الَّتِي مَنَعْتَ مِنْ دُونِكَ عِلْمَهَا لِعِظَمِ شَأْنِهَا وَ شِدَّةِ جَلاَلِهَا وَ بِالاسْمِ الْوَاحِدِ الَّذِي لاَ يَبْلُغُ أَحَدٌ صِفَةَ كُنْهِهِ وَ بِحَقِّهَا كُلِّهَا أَجِرْنِي أَنْ أَعُودَ إِلَى الْكُفْرِ بِكَ، سُبْحَانَكَ لا إِلهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ غُفْرَانَكَ إِنِّي مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ.
O God…! O You, Who dressed the radiant Light from which rays, the people of Heaven and those of the Earth benefit, with a Dark Garment!
O God…! O You, Who cannot be seen by anyone [and this condition becomes you indeed]: the Archangels of your Threshold bow their heads before You.
That which I have committed and the fact that I have denied Your Greatness and Your Majesty [by committing all kinds of Sins] is worse than any deceitfulness, whatsoever…!
Pray, Do forgive my misdeed, for I have come to You with the sentiment of Repentance, and I confess against myself before your Threshold: indeed, I ascribed lies to You!
Do not give me any respite, so that I may keep on committing Sins…!
Save and Liberate me from my Sins, by the power of Your Names! Those that except You, no one knows, for they are Eminent and Glorious, and so very Majestic and Dignified; and You have not taught them to anyone. By the power of Your only Name that no one can reach Its depth and Its bottom, and by the power of all Your Glorious Names, Do not let me commit any more crimes against You…! Glory be to You, for You are Pure, and there is no God except You.
Do Forgive me for I have sinned and been among the wrongdoers...
[O, Muhammad!] Surely, when he makes this Prayer, even before he has raised his head from dust, I will be satisfied of him and will fulfill his wish.