- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
To Seek Forgiveness At The Point Of Dawn
O Muhammad! Whosoever, from among your Ummah [i.e. Islamic Community] has committed many sins [not Deadly Sins], and become disgraced and known for his sins and blamed for his misdeeds, should make this Prayer at dawn or before daybreak. I will then change and transform his sins into good deeds, and raise his Prayer to the heavens and fulfill it. And I will not disappoint his hope, therefore, he should say:
يَا رَبِّ يَا رَبِّ، فُلاَنُ بْنُ فُلاَن عَبْدُكَ شَدِيدٌ حَيَاؤُهُ مِنْكَ لِتَعَرُّضِهِ لِرَحْمَتِكَ لاِِصْرَارِهِ عَلَى مَا نَهَيْتَ عَنْهُ مِنَ الذَّنْبِ الْعَظِيمِ يَا عَظِيمُ إِنَّ عَظِيمَ مَا أَتَيْتُ بِهِ لاَ يَعْلَمُهُ غَيْرُكَ قَدْ شَمِتَ بِي فِيهِ الْقَرِيبُ وَ الْبَعِيدُ وَ أَسْلَمَنِي فِيهِ الْعَدُوُّ وَ الْحَبِيبُ وَ أَلْقَيْتُ بِيَدِي إِلَيْكَ طَمَعاً لِاَمْر وَاحِد وَ طَمَعِي ذَلِكَ فِي رَحْمَتِكَ. فَارْحَمْنِي يَا ذَا الرَّحْمَةِ الْوَاسِعَةِ وَ تَلاَفَنِي بِالْمَغْفِرَةِ وَ الْعِصْمَةِ مِنَ الذُّنُوبِ إِنِّي إِلَيْكَ مُتَضَرِّعٌ، أَسْأَلُكَ بِاسْمِكَ الَّذِي يُرْسِلُ أَقْدَامَ حَمَلَةِ عَرْشِكَ ذِكْرُهُ وَ تُرْعِدُ لِسَمَاعِهِ أَرْكَانُ الْعَرْشِ إِلَى أَسْفَلِ التُّخُومِ، إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ بِعِزِّ ذَلِكَ الاِسْمِ الَّذِي مَلاََ كُلَّ شَيْء دُونَكَ إِلاَّ رَحِمْتَنِي يَا رَبِّ بِاسْتِجَارَتِي إِلَيْكَ بِاسْمِكَ هَذَا يَا عَظِيمُ، أَتَيْتُكَ بِكَذَا وَ كَذَا فَاغْفِرْ لِي تَبِعَتَهُ وَ عَافِنِي مِنْ إِشَاعَتِهِ بَعْدَ مَقَامِي هَذَا يَا رَحِيمُ.
O, Allah! He [i.e yourself], the son of he [you name your father] is your slave [servant].
My modesty and humbleness are such, that I hope for Your Mercy and Pity. You had prohibited me to commit Deadly Sins, however, I have persisted in committing them.
O, Great and Tremendous God! Only you know the Deadly Sin that I have committed... My close relatives and my acquaintances have blamed me for what I have done. My friends and my enemies have left me on my own. And now, I reach out my hands to Your Threshold! I only hope to seek Your Mercy and Grace and I yearn for It!
O You, Who have a widespread Grace and a boundless Mercy! Have pity on me!
Forgive me and Protect me from committing Sins! I am begging and beseeching You…!
I invoke You, by the power of the Name, that as soon as the Sustainers of Your Throne express and enunciate, their feet begin to tremble, and when the Pillars of Your Throne hear It, they are terrorized to the deepest end of Hell…!
I invoke you, by the Greatness and Power of Your Name, which embraces everything but You: to have pity on me, O God! For I have sought Your Protection, by expressing Your Name. I have committed... [here, you name your Sin]. Therefore, O You, the Most Compassionate God, I reach out my hands to You in Prayer, to forgive the punishment of my Sins, and to not extend the bad consequences of my Sins, on my humble person...!
[O, Muhammad!] Indeed, whosoever makes this Prayer, I will change and transform the committed sin of that person into a good deed, and fulfill his Prayer and make his wish come true.