- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
Calling God By His Supreme Name
Amir al-Muminin (the Commander of the Believers) (A.S) said: “ Whenever you want to call God by His Supreme Name and [your call] is answered, then recite from the beginning of Surah al-Hadid till the end of (وَهُوَ عَليمٌ بِذاتِ الصُّدُورِ), and the ending verses of Surah al-Hashr from (لَوْ اَنْزَلْنا هذَا الْقُرْآنَ) till the end of surah, then raise your hands and say”:
يَا مَنْ هُوَ هَكَذَا أَسْأَلُكَ بِحَقِّ هَذِهِ الاْسْمَاءِ أَنْ تُصَلِّيَ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَآلِ مُحَمَّدٍ.
O’ He who is as such! I ask You by the right of these names to bless Muhammad and his Household.
And then ask for your request.