- Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H): Whenever one of you is needy and brings that to other people, he will not be satisfied. and Whenever someone is needy and brings that to Lord, he shall give him what he wants. sooner or later.
- Imam Sadiq (As.): Whenever you had tenderness in your heart, Pray. because your heart doesn't get tender unless it's pure.
- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
Praying With Power
Praying With Power - Peter Wagner
the essence of prayer is a personal relationship between a believer and God. Some call it “intimacy with the Father.” this is true, and it is important. For this reason it would not be correct to say that any believing prayer is bad per se. I would not want to make a distinction between good prayer and bad prayer, for example. Some prayer, however, we must admit, can be misguided and therefore lack the power it could have. James says,“you ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss…” (James 4:3). Wrong motives can weaken prayer, as can sin in our lives and many other things I will
mention from time to time as we move on.
the distinction I am making is, more accurately, between good prayer and better prayer. My wife, Doris, likes to say, “No prayer is wasted.” All good prayer can be seen as a step in the right direction, but some of those steps may be smaller than they need to be. If you are reading this book, the odds are high that you have a burning desire in your heart to pray more powerfully than you ordinarily have been doing.you may be on a relatively low level right now, but you do not want to stay there. you may be on a high level of prayer power, but you know that there are higher levels yet, and that is where you want to be.
how will you know when you reach a higher level of prayer? one way is to see an increase in concrete, measurable answers to your prayers.that is why I like to assert that prayer works.
Source: quotes from "praying with power"