- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
To Seek Allah’s Help And Assistance
O, Muhammad! Whosoever from among your Ummah [i.e. Islamic Community] wishes to be protected and safeguarded by Me, should recite this Prayer, night and day, and then when he wants to go to sleep, he shouls recite:
آمَنْتُ بِرَبِّي وَ هُوَ اللهُ الَّذِي لا إِلهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ إِلَهُ كُلِّ شَيْء وَ مُنْتَهَى كُلِّ عِلْم وَ وَارِثُهُ وَ رَبُّ كُلِّ رَبّ وَ أُشْهِدُ اللهَ عَلَى نَفْسِي بِالْعُبُودِيَّةِ وَ الذُّلِّ وَ الصَّغَارِ وَ أَعْتَرِفُ بِحُسْنِ صَنَائِعِ اللهِ إِلَيَّ وَ أَبُوءُ عَلَى نَفْسِي بِقِلَّةِ الشُّكْرِ، وَ أَسْأَلُ اللهَ فِي يَوْمِي هَذَا أَوْ فِي لَيْلَتِي هَذِهِ بِحَقِّ مَا يَرَاهُ لَهُ حَقّاً عَلَى مَا يَرَاهُ مِنِّي لَهُ رِضًى وَ إِيمَاناً وَ إِخْلاَصاً وَ رِزْقاً وَاسِعاً وَ يَقِيناً خَالِصاً بِلاَ شَكّ وَ لاَ ارْتِيَاب حَسْبِي. إِلَهِي ! مِنْ كُلِّ مَنْ هُوَ دُونَهُ وَ اللهُ وَكِيلِي مِنْ كُلِّ مَنْ سِوَاهُ آمَنْتُ بِسِرِّ عِلْمِ اللهِ كُلِّهِ وَ عَلاَنِيَتِهِ، وَ أَعُوذُ بِمَا فِي عِلْمِ اللهِ كُلِّهِ مِنْ كُلِّ سُوء وَ مِنْ كُلِّ شَرّ سُبْحَانَ الْعَالِمِ بِمَا خَلَقَ اللَّطِيفِ فِيهِ الْمُحْصِي لَهُ الْقَادِرِ عَلَيْهِ ما شاءَ اللهُ لا قُوَّةَ إِلاَّ بِاللهِ أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللهَ هُوَ إِلَيْهِ الْمَصِيرُ.
I believe in my God, and there is no god, except Allah! He is the God of all, and He has Perfect and Full Knowledge of everything! He is the Lord and Owner of all masters! I take Allah as my Testimony that I worship Him, and I am humble in his Presence. I admit that Allah’s Verdict and Destiny for me are excellent and most appropriate! I know that I am ungrateful [towards Allah], and I praise Him not as often as I should. By the power of His Right towards me, today or tonight, I ask Him to grant me great satisfaction, faith, sincerity, wealth and riches, along with a perfect certitude...! Allah will then grant me freedom and independence from everything and everyone, except Himself. With Him beside me, I do not need any lawyer and/or supporter anymore! I do believe in Allah’s Absolute Knowledge and Wisdom [whether it is visible or invisible]. By the power of His Knowledge and Wisdom, I seek refuge from all mischief and harm beside Allah. Glory to Allah…! [To He, Who is Pure and Exempt from all impurities], the All-knowing God, Who is watching over His creatures. He bestows Favors on them, He knows their numbers, and He is Mighty and All-powerful over them. Allah ordains that which pleases Him and everything shall be according to God’s Will! There is no movement or might, except by God’s Will! I ask Him for His Forgiveness and to Him is our return.
[O, Muhammad!] Whosoever recites this Prayer, I will raise him to a high and lofty station among the other people, and make their hearts become gentle and soft towards him, and I will protect and safeguard his Religion as well.