- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
A Prayer For Mental Discomfort
Imam Sadiq (A.S) said: “Discomfort is the pains of hearts as illnesses are the pains of bodies. Anyone suffering from a mental discomfort or anxiety should say:”
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ يَا مُفَجِّرَ الاَنْهَارِ وَمُطْعِمَ الِّثمَارِ يَا مَنْ تُسَبِّحُ لَهُ ظُلْمَةُ اللَّيْلِ وَضَوْءُ النَّهَارِ وَمَا عَلَى الاَرْضِ وَقَعْرِ الْبِحَارِ، افْتَحْ لَنَا فِي هَذِهِ السَّاعَةِ وَسَهِّلْ لَنَا صَالِحَ الاَسْبَابِ وَيَسِّرْ لَنَا التَّوْبَةَ ييَا تَوَّابُ وَصَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَآلِهِ يَا سَمِيعُ يَا وَهَّابُ.
O’ God! O’ who makes the rivers flow and fruits grow; O’ whom the night’s darkness and the day’s brightness, and whatever is on the earth and under the sea praises and glorifies His Name; I ask you to free us from entanglements at this hour, make the best of ways easy for us, and make the repentance easy for us, O’ Acceptor of the repentance; Send down Your peace and blessings upon Muhammad and his descendants; O’ the Hearer and the Constant Giver.
Another Prayer For Mental Discomfort
O, Muhammad! Whosoever from among Your Ummah [i.e. Islamic Community] is wishing that I release him from grudge, jealousy, hypocrisy, and corruption should recite this Prayer, when he hears the call to prayer at dawn:
يَا مُطْفِئَ الْاَنْوَارِ بِنُورِهِ وَ يَا مَانِعَ الْاَبْصَارِ مِنْ رُؤْيَتِهِ وَ يَا مُحَيِّرَ الْقُلُوبِ فِي شَأْنِهِ إِنَّكَ طَاهِرٌ مُطَهِّرٌ يَطْهُرُ بِطُهْرِكَ مَنْ طَهَّرْتَهُ بِهَا وَ لَيْسَ مِنْ دُونِكَ أَحَدٌ أَحْوَجَ إِلَى تَطْهِيرِكَ إِيَّاهُ مِنِّي لِدِينِي وَ بَدَنِي وَ قَلْبِي، فَأَيَّةُ حَال كُنْتُ فِيهَا مُجَانِباً لَكَ فِي الطَّاعَةِ وَ الْهَوَى، فَأَلْزِمْنِي وَ إِنْ كَرِهْتُ حُبَّ طَاعَتِكَ بِحَقِّ مَحَلِّ جَلاَلِكَ مِنْكَ حَتَّى أَنَالَ فَضِيلَةَ الطُّهْرَةِ مِنْكَ لِجَمِيعِ شُئُونِي، رَبِّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّد وَ آلِ مُحَمَّد وَ اجْعَلْ مَا طَهُرَ مِنْ طُهْرَتِكَ عَلَى بَدَنِي طُهْرَةَ خَيْر حَتَّى تُطَهِّرَ بِهِ مِنِّي مَا أُكِنُّ فِي صَدْرِي وَ أُخْفِيهِ فِي نَفْسِي، وَ اجْعَلْنِي عَلَى ذَلِكَ أَحْبَبْتُ أَمْ كَرِهْتُ، وَ اجْعَلْ مَحَبَّتِي تَابِعَةً لِمَحَبَّتِكَ وَ اشْغَلْنِي بِنَفْسِي عَنْ كُلِّ مَنْ دُونَكَ شُغُلًا يَدُومُ فِيهِ الْعَمَلُ بِطَاعَتِكَ، وَ اشْغَلْ غَيْرِي عَنِّي لِلْمُعَافَاةِ مِنْ نَفْسِي وَ مِنْ جَمِيعِ الْمَخْلُوقِينَ.
O Allah…! O You, Who erase all lights by the power of Your own Light. [O God…!] Human eyes cannot see You! O God…! O You, who provoke confusion and perplexity to [the human] hearts and eyes! O You, Who are Pure and Who purifies the [human] hearts! If You purify anyone, it is because of You Alone! No one is more in need of a religious, physical, and hearty purification than I! If I have gone astray from the path of submission and obedience to You, Protect and Safeguard me! If my obedience and submission to You is way too hard and difficult for me, [I adjure You by the power of Your Greatness, Majesty, Magnificence] to bestow on me Your Success, in all my enterprises and undertakings, so that I may gain the excellence, which is found in a pure and refined soul.
O God…! Bestow Your Blessings on Muhammad and his holy family! if You have truly purified my body, Remove then all impurity from me and Cleanse me with the best of possible ways! As much as all the things that I have kept hidden in my heart, and dissimulated in my bosom: let them be purified and cleansed! Grant me steadfastness and consistency in my purity [whether I want it or not] and Bestow Your Success on me, so that I may love and welcome whatever Pleases You most.
Pray, Keep me busy in all my undertakings, and Occupy my mind with myself, so that I may be indifferent to everything and everyone, except You, and Your Remembrance! Make it so that I become fully submitted and obedient towards You! Pray, Do turn the mischiefs and the wickedness of the others away from me as well, so that all Your creatures and I, may be safe and sound and be able to live in tranquility and serenity!
[O, Muhammad], when he recites this Prayer, I will grant him the Friendship towards My “Awliyā” [i.e. Allah’s Friends and Guardians] and Enmity and hostility towards My Enemies, and just as I Protect my pious slaves [servants], I will also protect and safeguard him.