- Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H): Whenever one of you is needy and brings that to other people, he will not be satisfied. and Whenever someone is needy and brings that to Lord, he shall give him what he wants. sooner or later.
- Imam Sadiq (As.): Whenever you had tenderness in your heart, Pray. because your heart doesn't get tender unless it's pure.
- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
Resolving sadness and Grief
Imam Sadiq (A.S) said: “Discomfort is the pains of hearts as illnesses are the pains of bodies. Anyone suffering from a mental discomfort or anxiety should say
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ يَا مُفَجِّرَ الاَنْهَارِ وَمُطْعِمَ الِّثمَارِ يَا مَنْ تُسَبِّحُ لَهُ ظُلْمَةُ اللَّيْلِ وَضَوْءُ النَّهَارِ وَمَا عَلَى الاَرْضِ وَقَعْرِ الْبِحَارِ، افْتَحْ لَنَا فِي هَذِهِ السَّاعَةِ وَسَهِّلْ لَنَا صَالِحَ الاَسْبَابِ وَيَسِّرْ لَنَا التَّوْبَةَ يَا تَوَّابُ وَصَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَآلِهِ يَا سَمِيعُ يَا وَهَّابُ.
O’ God! O’ who makes the rivers flow and fruits grow; O’ whom the night’s darkness and the day’s brightness, and whatever is on the earth and under the sea praises and glorifies His Name; I ask you to free us from entanglements at this hour, make the best of ways easy for us, and make the repentance easy for us, O’ Acceptor of the repentance; Send down Your peace and blessings upon Muhammad and his descendants; O’ the Hearer and the Constant Giver
Reference: “Al-Dda’awat”, Qotb Ravandi, p. 119.