- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
Imam Hasan al Mujtaba
Whenever Imam Hasan (A.S) became depressed, he would sit in a room and recite this prayer:
یا كهيعص يَا نُورُ يَا قُدُّوس يَا خَبيرُ يَا اللهُ يَا رَحْمَانُ
O Kaf Ha Ya Aayn Saad, O Light, O the Most Holy One, O the Aware, O Allah, O the Beneficent.
[This phrase should be repeated 3 times]
اغْفِرْ لِيَ الذُّنُوبَ الَّتي تُحِلُّ النِّقَمَ وَاغْفِرْ لِيَ الذُّنُوبُ الَّتي تُغَيِّر النِّعَمَ وَاغْفِرْلِيَ الذُّنُوبَ الَّتي تَهْتِكُ الْعِصَمْ وَاغْفِرْ لِيَ الذُّنُوبُ الَّتي تُنْزِلُ الْبَلاَءَ وَاغْفِرْ لِيَ الذُّنُوبَ الَّتي تُعَجِّلُ الْفَنَاءَ وَاغْفِرْ لِيَ الذُّنُوبَ الَّتي تُدِيلُ الاَْعْدَاءَ وَاغْفِرْ لِيَ الذُّنُوبَ الَّتي تَقْطَعُ الرَّجَاءَ وَاغْفِرْ لِيَ الذُّنُوبَ الَّتي تَرُدُّ الدُّعَاءَ وَاغْفِرْ لِيَ الذُّنُوبَ الَّتي تُمْسِكُ غَيْثَ السَّمَاء وَاغْفِرْ لِيَ الذُّنُوبَ الَّتي تُظْلِمُ الْهَوَاءَ وَاغْفِرْ لِيَ الذُّنُوبَ الَّتي تَكْشِفُ الْغِطَاءَ.
Forgive all my sins that bring misery, and forgive the sins that convert blessings to vengeance, and forgive my sins that destroy the innocence, and forgive the sins that bring down the disasters, and forgive the sins which hasten death and destruction, and forgive the sins which make the enemies dominate us, and forgive the sins which discourage all the hopes, and forgive the sins which make the prayers be rejected, and forgive the sins which hinder the descent of the rain, and forgive the sins which darken the air, and forgive the sins which removes the covers of sins.
Then, he asked for his requests.