- Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H): Whenever one of you is needy and brings that to other people, he will not be satisfied. and Whenever someone is needy and brings that to Lord, he shall give him what he wants. sooner or later.
- Imam Sadiq (As.): Whenever you had tenderness in your heart, Pray. because your heart doesn't get tender unless it's pure.
- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
Du'as for the nights of Ramadhan
The nights of Ramadhan are a time for worshipping Allah, for praying to Allah and seeking His forgiveness. Allah knows that human beings are likely to sin, and need of an opportunity to repent and reform themselves. Hence the month of Ramadhan, a season of Du'a and Istighfar whereby Muslims can relieve themselves of the burden of sins. The Du'as which follow have been taught by the Ma'sumeen (a) and show us how to seek the Forgiveness and Mercy of Allah in this month. Du'a no. 1 After praising Allah, the following Du'a describes the excellence of Ramadhan, and its distinguishing features. Worshippers and supplicators receive special favours when they ask in this month. This Du'a is also recommended after obligatory prayers. In the name of Allah the Beneficent, the Merciful O High, O Mighty, O Forgiver, O Merciful, You are the Mighty Lord, who has none like Him, and He is the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing. This is a month which You have made; exalted, honored, ennobled and excelled over the other months. It is the month in which You have made fasting obligatory on me, and it is the month of Ramadhan, in which You sent down the Qur'an, a guidance for mankind, having clear signs of guidance and distinction. (2:185) You have placed in it the night of power, and made it better than a thousand months. (97:2) O One who favours, and none favours You, favour me by saving me from the fire, amongst the ones You favour, and make me enter Heaven, by Your mercy, O the most Merciful.
يا عَلِيُّ يا عَظيمُ ، يا غَفُورُ يا رَحيمُ ، أنتَ الرَّبُّ الْعَظيمُ الَّذي لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِ شَيءٌ وَ هُوَ السَّميعُ الْبَصيرُ ، وَ هذا شَهْرٌ عَظَّمْتَهُ وَ كَرَّمْتَهْ ، وَ شَرَّفْتَهُ وَ فَضَّلْتَهُ عَلَى الشُّهُورِ ، وَ هُوَ الشَّهْرُ الَّذي فَرَضْتَ صِيامَهُ عَلَيَّ ، وَ هُوَ شَهْرُ رَمَضانَ ، الَّذي أنْزَلْتَ فيهِ الْقُرْآنَ ، هُدىً لِلنّاسِ وَ بَيِّنات مِنَ الْهُدى وَ الْفُرْقانَ ، وَ جَعَلْتَ فيهِ لَيْلَةَ الْقَدْرِ ، وَ جَعَلْتَها خَيْراً مِنْ ألْفِ شَهْر. فَيا ذَا الْمَنِّ وَ لا يُمَنُّ عَلَيْكَ ، مُنَّ عَلَيَّ بِفَكاكِ رَقَبَتي مِنَ النّارِ فيمَنْ تَمُنَّ عَلَيْهِ ، وَ أدْخِلْنِى الْجَنَّةَ بِرَحْمَتِكَ يا اَرْحَمَ الرّاحِمينَ.