- Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H): Whenever one of you is needy and brings that to other people, he will not be satisfied. and Whenever someone is needy and brings that to Lord, he shall give him what he wants. sooner or later.
- Imam Sadiq (As.): Whenever you had tenderness in your heart, Pray. because your heart doesn't get tender unless it's pure.
- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
Ten: in Seeking Asylum with God
Ten: in Seeking Asylum with God
اللّهُمّ إِنْ تَشَأْ تَعْفُ عَنّا فَبِفَضْلِكَ، وَ إِنْ تَشَأْ تُعَذّبْنَا فَبِعَدْلِكَ فَسَهّلْ لَنَا عَفْوَكَ بِمَنّكَ، وَ أَجِرْنَا مِنْ عَذَابِكَ بِتَجَاوُزِكَ، فَإِنّهُ لَا طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِعَدْلِكَ، وَ لَا نَجَاةَ لِأَحَدٍ مِنّا دُونَ عَفْوِكَ يَا غَنِيّ الْأَغْنِيَاءِ، هَا، نَحْنُ عِبَادُكَ بَيْنَ يَدَيْكَ، وَ أَنَا أَفْقَرُ الْفُقَرَاءِ إِلَيْكَ، فَاجْبُرْ فَاقَتَنَا بِوُسْعِكَ، وَ لَا تَقْطَعْ رَجَاءَنَا بِمَنْعِكَ، فَتَكُونَ قَدْ أَشْقَيْتَ مَنِ اسْتَسْعَدَ بِكَ، وَ حَرَمْتَ مَنِ اسْتَرْفَدَ فَضْلَكَ فَإِلَى مَنْ حِينَئِذٍ مُنْقَلَبُنَا عَنْكَ، وَ إِلَى أَيْنَ مَذْهَبُنَا عَنْ بَابِكَ، سُبْحَانَكَ نَحْنُ الْمُضْطَرّونَ الّذِينَ أَوْجَبْتَ إِجَابَتَهُمْ، وَ أَهْلُ السّوءِ الّذِينَ وَعَدْتَ الْكَشْفَ عَنْهُمْ وَ أَشْبَهُ الْأَشْيَاءِ بِمَشِيّتِكَ، وَ أَوْلَى الْأُمُورِ بِكَ فِي عَظَمَتِكَ رَحْمَةُ مَنِ اسْتَرْحَمَكَ، وَ غَوْثُ مَنِ اسْتَغَاثَ بِكَ، فَارْحَمْ تَضَرّعَنَا إِلَيْكَ، وَ أَغْنِنَا إِذْ طَرَحْنَا أَنْفُسَنَا بَيْنَ يَدَيْكَ اللّهُمّ إِنّ الشّيْطَانَ قَدْ شَمِتَ بِنَا إِذْ شَايَعْنَاهُ عَلَى مَعْصِيَتِكَ، فَصَلّ عَلَى مُحَمّدٍ وَ آلِهِ، وَ لَا تُشْمِتْهُ بِنَا بَعْدَ تَرْكِنَا إِيّاهُ لَكَ، وَ رَغْبَتِنَا عَنْهُ إِلَيْكَ.
if Thou willest,
Thou wilt pardon us through Thy bounty
and if Thou willest,
Thou wilt chastise us through Thy justice.
So make our ways smooth to Thy pardon through Thy kindness and grant us sanctuary from Thy chastisement through Thy forbearance, for none of us has the endurance for Thy justice and none of us can reach deliverance without Thy pardon!
O Richest of the rich!
Here we are, Thy servants, before Thee.
I am the neediest of the needy toward Thee,
so redress our neediness through Thy plenty and cut us not off from our hopes through Thy withholding, lest Thou makest wretched him who seeks felicity through Thee and deprivest him who seeks help from Thy bounty!
Then to whom would we return after Thee?
Where would we go from Thy gate?
Glory be to Thee!
We are the distressed, the response to whom
Thou hast made incumbent, the people from whom
Thou hast promised to remove the evil
That thing most resembling Thy will and that affair most worthy for Thee in Thy mightiness is showing mercy to him who asks Thee for mercy and helping him who seeks help from Thee.
So show mercy upon our pleading with Thee and free us from need when we throw ourselves before Thee!
Satan will gloat over us if we follow him in disobeying Thee, so bless Muhammad and his Household and let him not gloat over us after we have renounced him for Thee and beseeched Thee against him!