- Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H): Whenever one of you is needy and brings that to other people, he will not be satisfied. and Whenever someone is needy and brings that to Lord, he shall give him what he wants. sooner or later.
- Imam Sadiq (As.): Whenever you had tenderness in your heart, Pray. because your heart doesn't get tender unless it's pure.
- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
Prayer for Wishing to Have Children
pray to have a child
Imam al-Sajjād (a) said to one of his companions about wishing to have a child, “recite this Duʿāʾ seventy times,
"رَبِّ لاَ تَذَرْنِي فَرْداً وَأَنْتَ خَيْرُ الْوَارِثِينَ وَاجْعَلْ لِي مِنْ لَدُنْكَ وَلِيّاً يَرِثُنِي فِي حَيَاتِي وَيَسْتَغْفِرُ لِي بَعْدَ مَوْتِي وَاجْعَلْهُ لِي خَلْقاً سَوِيّاً وَلاَ تَجْعَلْ لِلشَّيْطَانِ فِيهِ نَصِيباً. اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْتَغْفِرُكَ وَأَتُوبُ إِلَيْكَ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ"
‘My Lord! Do not leave me lonely, and You are the Best of inheritors and appoint for me a guardian from Yourself, who may inherit from me in my life and asks [You] forgiveness for me after my death and make him a well-proportioned creature for me, and do not put for Satan any benefit in him. O God, I ask Your forgiveness and repent to You, for You are the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
Then, Imam (a) said, ‘Whoever says this Duʿāʾ a lot, God will provide him with what he desires from wealth and children and from the good of this world and the hereafter. God Almighty says,
(اسْتَغْفِرُوا رَبَّكُمْ إِنَّهُ كَانَ غَفَّاراً يُرْسِلِ السَّمَاءَ عَلَيْكُمْ مِدْرَاراً وَ يُمْدِدْكُمْ بِأَمْوَالٍ وَ بَنِينَ وَ يَجْعَلْ لَكُمْ جَنَّاتٍ وَ يَجْعَلْ لَكُمْ أَنْهَاراً)
‘Plead to your Lord for forgiveness. Indeed, He is All-forgiving: He will send copious rains for you from the sky, and He aids you with wealth and children, and provides you with gardens and provides you with streams.”
Al-Faqīh, 3:474; Wasā’il al-Shi’a, 21:369.