- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
A Dua For Everyday in Ramadhan
A Dua For Everyday in Ramadhan
Abu Basir said: “Imam Sadiq (A.S) always recited this prayer in Ramadhan:
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي بِكَ أَتَوَسَّلُ وَمِنْكَ أَطْلُبُ حَاجَتِي مَنْ طَلَبَ حَاجَةً إِلَى النَّاسِ فَإِنِّي لاَ أَطْلُبُ حَاجَتِي إِلاَّ مِنْكَ وَحْدَكَ لاَشَرِيكَ لَكَ وَأَسْأَلُكَ بِفَضْلِكَ وَ رِضْوَانِكَ أَنْ تُصَلِّيَ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَعَلَى أَهْلِ بَيْتِهِ وَأَنْ تَجْعَلَ لِي فِي عَامِي هَذَا إِلَى بَيْتِكَ الْحَرَامِ سَبِيلاً حَجَّةً مَبْرُورَةً مُتَقَبَّلَةً زَاكِيَةً خَالِصَةً لَكَ تُقِرُّ بِهَا عَيْنِي وَتَرْفَعُ بِهَا دَرَجَتِي وَتَرْزُقُنِي أَنْ أَغُضَّ بَصَرِي وَأَنْ أَحْفَظَ فَرْجِي وَأَنْ أَكُفَّ بِهَا عَنْ جَمِيعِ مَحَارِمِكَ حَتَّى لاَيَكُونَ شَيْءٌ آثَرَ عِنْدِي مِنْ طَاعَتِكَ وَخَشْيَتِكَ وَالْعَمَلِ بِمَا أَحْبَبْتَ وَالتَّرْكِ لِمَا كَرِهْتَ وَنَهَيْتَ عَنْهُ وَاجْعَلْ ذَلِكَ فِي يُسْرٍ وَيَسَارٍ وَعَافِيَةٍ وَأَوْزِعْنِي شُكْرَ مَا أَنْعَمْتَ بِهِ عَلَيَّ وَأَسْأَلُكَ أَنْ تَجْعَلَ وَفَاتِي قَتْلاً فِي سَبِيلِكَ تَحْتَ رَايَةِ نَبِيِّكَ مَعَ أَوْلِيَائِكَ وَأَسْأَلُكَ أَنْ تَقْتُلَ بِي أَعْدَاءَكَ وَأَعْدَاءَ رَسُولِكَ وَأَسْأَلُكَ أَنْ تُكْرِمَنِي بِهَوَانِ مَنْ شِئْتَ مِنْ خَلْقِكَ وَلاَتُهِنِّي بِكَرَامَةِ أَحَدٍ مِنْ أَوْلِيَائِكَ. اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْ لِي مَعَ الرَّسُولِ سَبِيلاً حَسْبِيَ اللَّهُ مَا شَاءَ اللَّهُ.
O’ Lord! Through You, and only from You I ask for my needs, and everyone wants their needs from people, but I ask for my needs only from You, You are the One and You have no partner, and through Your grace and pleasure, I ask you to send down Your blessings upon Muhammad and his Household and grant me a way to Your honorable House (the Kaabah) this year, a proper, accepted, righteous, pure pilgrimage for you, which makes You to enlighten my eyes and raise my rank because of it, and bestow me to lower my glance and protect my private parts and abstain from all Your sins, until nothing is more beloved to me than obedience to You, and fear of You, and doing what You loved and leaving what You disliked and forbade, and put it along with the breadth of the day and comfort and health. And inspire me to give thanks for what You have given me. And I ask You to make my death martyrdom in Your way under the banner of Your Prophet with Your Friends. And I ask You to kill Your enemies and the enemies of Your Prophet by me and I ask You to honor me with the humiliation of whatever You want and do not humiliate me in the face of dignity of one of Your saints. O’ Lord! Ordain for me a way with Your Prophet (to be guided), God is sufficient for me, Whatever God desires will happen for me.