- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
Baha al-din al-Amili
life of Baha al-din al-Amili
Bahā al‐Din Muḥammad ibn Ḥusayn al‐Amili also known as Sheikh Baha'i, was an Arab Shia Islamic scholar, philosopher, architect, mathematician, astronomer and poet who lived in the late 16th and early 17th centuries in Safavid Iran. He was born in Baalbek, Ottoman Syria (which nowdays is in Lebanon) but immigrated in his childhood to Safavid Iran with the rest of his family. He was one of the first astronomers in the Islamic world to suggest the possibility of the Earth's movement prior to the spread of the Copernican theory. He is considered one of the most important and main co-founders of Isfahan School of Islamic Philosophy. In later years he became one of the teachers of Mulla Sadra.
Date of Birth and Death
we actully don't know the exact date of his birth and death but from what we could see on his grave and walls of the place he is buried in we can say he was born in 27 Febuary 1547 or in March 1546.
date of his death is also not for sure but as we can say it's estimated between two times: 30 Agust 1621 or Agust 1622.
Works and Books
Shaykh Baha' al-Din contributed many important and special works in philosophy, logic, astronomy and mathematics. His ideas and works include over 100 articles, epistles and books. Shaykh Baha' al-Din also composed poems in Persian. His great and amazing works in the Persian language are Jami-i Abbasi and two masnavis (rhymed couplets) by the names of Shir u Shakar (Milk and Sugar) ]and Nan u Halwa ("Bread and Halva").
His other important work is the Kashkūl, which includes stories, news, scientific topics, Persian and Arabic proverbs.
His also wrote Khulāṣat al‐hisab which in english means Essentials of arithmetic,it's an Arabic textbook that was really famous in the history the Islamic world from Egypt to India until the 19th century.
he also wrote lots of other books like:
- Nān u Halwā
- Jami-i Abbasi
- Tashrih Al-Aflak
- Al-fawayid as-Samadiah
- Al-Athna Ash'ariyyah
- Zubdat al-Usūl