- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
Forty One: in Asking for Covering and Protection
Forty Two: in Asking for Covering and Protection
اللّهُمّ صَلّ عَلَى مُحَمّدٍ وَ آلِهِ، وَ أَفْرِشْنِي مِهَادَ كَرَامَتِكَ، وَ أَوْرِدْنِي مَشَارِعَ رَحْمَتِكَ، وَ أَحْلِلْنِي بُحْبُوحَةَ جَنّتِكَ، وَ لَا تَسُمْنِي بِالرّدّ عَنْكَ، وَ لَا تَحْرِمْنِي بِالْخَيْبَةِ مِنْكَ وَ لَا تُقَاصّنِي بِمَا اجْتَرَحْتُ وَ لَا تُنَاقِشْنِي بِمَا اكْتَسَبْتُ، وَ لَا تُبْرِزْ مَكْتُومِي، وَ لَا تَكْشِفْ مَسْتُورِي، وَ لَا تَحْمِلْ عَلَى مِيزَانِ الْإِنْصَافِ عَمَلِي، وَ لَا تُعْلِنْ عَلَى عُيُونِ الْمَلَإِ خَبَرِي أَخْفِ عَنْهُمْ مَا يَكونُ نَشْرُهُ عَلَيّ عَاراً، وَ اطْوِ عَنْهُمْ مَا يُلْحِقُنِي عِنْدَكَ شَنَاراً شَرّفْ دَرَجَتِي بِرِضْوَانِكَ، وَ أَكْمِلْ كَرَامَتِي بِغُفْرَانِكَ، وَ انْظِمْنِي فِي أَصْحَابِ الْيَمِينِ، وَ وَجّهْنِي فِي مَسَالِكِ الْآمِنِينَ، وَ اجْعَلْنِي فِي فَوْجِ الْفَائِزِينَ، وَ اعْمُرْ بِي مَجَالِسَ الصّالِحِينَ، آمِينَ رَبّ الْعَالَمِينَ.
bless Muhammad and his Household,
spread for me the bed of Thy honour,
bring me to the wateringholes of Thy mercy,
set me down in the midst of Thy Garden,
stamp me not with rejection by Thee,
deprive me not through disappointment by Thee,
settle not accounts with me for what I have committed,
make no reckoning with me for what I have earned,
display not what I have hidden,
expose not what I have covered over,
weigh not my works on the scales of fairness,
and make not my tidings known to the eyes of the crowd!
Conceal from them
everything whose unfolding would shame me
and roll up before them
all which would join me to disgrace with Thee!
Ennoble my degree through Thy good pleasure,
perfect my honour through Thy forgiveness,
rank me among the companions of the right hand,
direct me to the roads of the secure,
place me in the throng of the triumphant,
and through me let the sessions of the righteous thrive!152
Amen, Lord of the worlds!