- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
A Prayer For Sustenance
Imam Sadiq (A.S) said: “do not forget to perform a two-prostration prayer after the night prayer as it prolongs the sustenance. In the first prostration, recite surah al-Hamd, the Throne verse, and surah al-Kaferun. In the second prostration, recite surah al-Hamd, and surah al- Tawhid thirteen times. After the salutation at the end of prayer, raise your hand and say:”
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ يَا مَنْ لاَ تَرَاهُ الْعُيُونُ وَ لاَ تُخَالِطُهُ الظُّنُونُ وَ لاَ يَصِفُهُ الْوَاصِفُونَ يَا مَنْ لاَ تُغَيِّرُهُ الدُّهُورُ وَ لاَ تُبْلِيهِ الاَْزْمِنَةُ وَ لاَ تُحِيلُهُ الاُْمُورُ يَا مَنْ لاَ يَذُوقُ الْمَوْتَ وَ لاَ يَخَافُ الْفَوْتَ يَا مَنْ لاَ تَضُرُّهُ الذُّنُوبُ وَ لاَ تَنْقُصُهُ الْمَغْفِرَةُ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّد وَ آلِهِ وَ هَبْ لِي مَا لاَ يَنْقُصُكَ وَ اغْفِرْ لِي مَا لاَ يَضُرُّكَ وَ افْعَلْ بِي كَذَا وَ كَذَا .
O’ Lord! Verily, I ask You, O’ who no eyes have seen Him and no presumed knowledge can illustrate Him, and no descriptor can describe Him! O’ who the ages do not change Him and the times do not wear Him out, and works do not make Him suffer! O’ who has not tasted death and is not afraid of the passage of time! O’ who sins do not harm Him, and forgiveness does not decrease Him! Bless Muhammad and his Household and bestow me what does not decrease You and forgive what does not harm You and do (this and that).
Moreover, Imam Sadiq (A.S) added: whoever performs this prayer, God the Almighty will give them a house in the heaven.