- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
Prayers For Pain And Suffering
It has been narrated from Imam Sadiq (A.S) that for every pain recite this prayer:
«بِسْمِ اللهِ وَ بِاللهِ، كَمْ مِنْ نِعْمَة لِلَّهِ عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ فِي عِرْق سَاكِن وَ غَيْرِ سَاكِن عَلَى عَبْد شَاكِر وَ غَيْرِ شَاكِر».
In the name of Allah and with His help, many great blessings of God the Almighty and Glorious are there in the still and instill vein on a thankful servant and unthankful servant.
Then, hold your beard with your right hand and repeat this three times after the daily prayer:
«اللَّهُمَّ فَرِّجْ كَرْبِي وَ عَجِّلْ عَافِيَتِي وَ اكْشِفْ ضُرِّي».
“O’ Lord! Dispel all my suffering and hurry up in curing me and relieve me from my pains.”
And try to read this prayer in tears and cries.
Imam Baqir (A.S) said: whenever one of you becomes sick and you want to pray for him, then say:
أُخْرُجْ [أَخْرُجُ] عَلَيْكِ يَا عِرْقُ أَوْ يَا عَيْنَ الْجِنِّ أَوْ يَا عَيْنَ الاِْنْسِ أَوْ يَا وَجَعُ بِفُلاَنِ بْنِ فُلاَن ]نام بيمار و پدرش ذكر شود[ اُخْرُجْ بِاللهِ الَّذِي كَلَّمَ مُوسَى تَكْلِيماً وَ اتَّخَذَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ خَلِيلاً صَلَوَاتُ اللهِ عَلَيْهِ وَ رَبِّ عِيسَى ابْنِ مَرْيَمَ رُوحِ اللهِ وَ كَلِمَتِهِ وَ رَبّ مُحَمَّد وَ آلِ مُحَمَّد الْهُدَاةِ وَ طُفِيتِ كَمَا طُفِيَتْ نَارُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ الْخَلِيلِ(عليهالسلام)».
“O vein, or O the jinn’s eye, or O the human’s eye, or O the disease, leave this body for the sake of (say the name of the person and their father). Leave for the sake of Allah who has talked to Moses and chose Ibrahim (PBUH) as His friend; the Lord of Jesus, the son of Mary, the spirit of God and His word; and the Lord of Muhammad and the Household of Muhammad, the guided, as the fire on Ibrahim (A.S) became cool and healthy, O’ pain, become calm.