- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
A Prayer When You Hear Someone Died
Imam Sadiq (A.S) narrated from his ancestors and from the holy Prophet (PBUH) that he said: whenever you hear the news of the death of your Muslim brother, you should say:
(إِنَّا للهِِ وَ إِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ) اللَّهُمَّ اكْتُبْهُ عِنْدَكَ فِي الْمُحْسِنِينَ وَ اجْعَلْ كِتَابَهُ فِي عِلِّيِّينَ وَ اخْلُفْ عَلَى تَرِكَتِهِ فِي الْغَابِرِينَ وَ اغْفِرْ لَنَا يَا رَبَّ الْعَالَمِينَ وَ لاَتَحْرِمْنَا أَجْرَهُ وَ لاَ تَفْتِنَّا بَعْدَهُ
(Verily, we are from Allah and verily we return to Him) O’ Lord! Write down his name among the benefactors near You and put his book (book of his deeds) in the highest heaven and be his successor among his living household and forgive us O’ the Lord of the worlds and do not deprive us from his rewards and do not put us in sedition after him,
For sure, reading this prayer completes the reward of calamity as God the Almighty wishes and thanks belongs to the Lord of the worlds.