- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
Asking For Rain
The late Kaf’ami, the writer of the book “Al-Mesbah”, said: the best prayer to be read in the Supplication in the Salat of Istesgha is the tradition narrated from the holy Prophet (PBUH):
أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللهَ الَّذِي لاَ إِلَهَ إِلّاَ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ الرَّحْمَنُ الرَّحِيمُ ذُو الْجَلاَلِ وَ الاِْكْرَامِ وَ أَسْأَلُهُ أَنْ يَتُوبَ عَلَيَّ تَوْبَةَ عَبْدٍ ذَلِيلٍ خَاضِعٍ فَقِيرٍ بِائِسٍ مِسْكِينٍ مُسْتَكِينٍ لاَ يَمْلِكُ لِنَفْسِهِ نَفْعاً وَ لاَ ضَرّاً وَ لاَ مَوْتاً وَ لاَ حَيَاةً وَ لاَ نُشُوراً .اللَّهُمَّ مُعْتِقَ الرِّقَابِ وَ رَبَّ الاَْرْبَابِ وَ مُنْشِئَ السَّحَابِ وَ مُنْزِلَ الْقَطْرِ مِنَ السَّمَاءِ إِلَى الاَْرْضِ بَعْدَ مَوْتِهَا فَالِقَ الْحَبِّ وَ النَّوَى وَ مُخْرِجَ النَّبَاتِ وَ جَامِعَ الشَّتَاتِ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَ آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ وَ اسْقِنَا غَيْثاً مُغِيثاً غَدَقاً مُغْدِقاً هَنِيئاً مَرِيئاً تُنْبِتُ بِهِ الزَّرْعَ وَ تُدِرُّ بِهِ الضَّرْعَ وَ تُحْيِي بِهِ مِمَّا خَلَقْتَ أَنْعَاماً وَ أَنَاسِيَّ كَثِيراً. اللَّهُمَّ اسْقِ عِبَادَكَ وَ بَهَائِمَكَ وَ انْشُرْ رَحْمَتَكَ وَ أَحْيِ بِلاَدَكَ الْمَيْتَة.
I ask forgiveness from Allah, who there is no god but Him, the Alive, the Self-Existent, the Merciful, the Compassionate, the Lord of Majesty and Generosity, and I ask Him to accept my repentance, the repentance of the servant who is humble, submissive, poor, miserable, necessitous, resigned, does not possess any advantage, nor any damage, not the death, nor the existence, nor even the resurrection.
O’ my Lord! O the liberator of the slaves! And the Lord of the rulers! And the originator of the clouds! And the sender of the drops from skies onto the earth after its death! O’ the splitter of the seed and kernel! And the producer of the plants! And the collector of the scattered! Send down Your blessing on Muhammad and his Household and shower us with the overwhelming, extensive, and abundant rain, tasty and pleasant, which makes the plants grow, and fills the breasts with milk, and revives all that You have created from the animals and humans.
O’ Lord! Quench Your servants and Your cattle, spread Your mercy and revive Your dead cities.