- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
To Seek Closeness And Nearness To Allah
O Muhammad, say to those, who seek the means to approach Me: be certain that after finishing your obligatory religious duties, to recite this particular Prayer is the best thing to do, for it is indeed one the best Prayers:
اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّهُ لَمْ يَمَسَّ أَحَدٌ مِنْ خَلْقِكَ أَنْتَ أَحْسَنُ إِلَيْهِ صَنِيعاً مِنِّي وَ لاَ لَهُ أَدْوَمُ كَرَامَةً وَ لاَ عَلَيْهِ أَبْيَنُ فَضْلًا وَ لاَ بِهِ أَشَدُّ تَرَفُّقاً وَ لاَ عَلَيْهِ أَشَدُّ حِيَاطَةً وَ لاَ عَلَيْهِ أَشَدُّ تَعَطُّفاً مِنْكَ عَلَيَّ وَ إِنْ كَانَ جَمِيعُ الْمَخْلُوقِينَ يُعَدِّدُونَ مِنْ ذَلِكَ مِثْلَ تَعْدِيدِي. فَاشْهَدْ يَا كَافِيَ الشَّهَادَةِ بِأَنِّي أُشْهِدُكَ بِنِيَّةِ صِدْق بِأَنَّ لَكَ الْفَضْلَ وَ الطَّوْلَ فِي إِنْعَامِكَ عَلَيَّ وَ قِلَّةِ شُكْرِي لَكَ فِيهَا، يَا فَاعِلَ كُلِّ إِرَادَتِهِ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّد وَ آلِهِ وَ طَوِّقْنِي أَمَاناً مِنْ حُلُولِ السُّخْطِ فِيهِ لِقِلَّةِ الشُّكْرِ وَ أَوْجِبْ لِي زِيَادَةً مِنْ إِتْمَامِ النِّعْمَةِ بِسَعَةِ الْمَغْفِرَةِ أَنْظِرْنِي خَيْرَكَ، وَ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّد وَ آلِهِ وَ لاَ تُقَايِسْنِي بِسَرِيرَتِي وَ امْتَحِنْ قَلْبِي لِرِضَاكَ وَ اجْعَلْ مَا تَقَرَّبْتُ بِهِ إِلَيْكَ فِي دِينِكَ لَكَ خَالِصاً وَ لاَ تَجْعَلْهُ لِلُزُومِ شُبْهَة أَوْ فَخْر أَوْ رِئَاء أَوْ كِبْر يَا كَرِيمُ.
O Allah…! From among Your creatures, You have not been more Benevolent and more Generous than to me...! You have treated me excellently, and granted me honor, more than to any other living creatures!
Your Grace and Bounty to me was more than to anyone else. You have been Compassionate and Merciful towards me, more than to anyone else! You have protected and guarded me more than anyone else, and You showed Your Benevolence and Goodness to me! [Indeed, all Your slaves [servants] have said these same words to You], therefore, pray, Do become my Witness [O You, Whose Testimony is amply sufficient!] I sincerely take You as my Witness. You have favored me, and bestowed on me many Blessings, [O You, Who can do whatever You will]; however, I have not shown You enough gratitude and appreciation, alas... Therefore, Grant Your Blessings and Your Peace, to Muhammad and the holy Family of Muhammad. I fear, lest You punish me because of my evil being. Grant me Your Satisfaction and bestow upon me, Your Pleasure and Your Contentment! In fact, if I have performed and executed any religious deed, it is because I had in mind to seek the means to approach You, therefore, Make my deeds become sincere and pure!
O God…! Make it so that my [good] deeds, do not make me become proud and vainglorious, or a hypocrite, or an arrogant! And Do not make me to be doubtful ot hesitant.
[O, Muhammad!] whosoever recites this Prayer, the creatures, who inhabit the heavens will love him dearly, and call him the “Shakūr” [i.e. the most thankful to Allah].