- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
A Prayer To Be Able To Repay One’s Debts
O, Muhammad! Whosoever is thinking to pay his debt should recite this Prayer:
يَا مُبْتَلِيَ الْفَرِيقَيْنِ أَهْلِ الْفَقْرِ وَ أَهْلِ الْغِنَى وَ جَازِيَهُمْ بِالصَّبْرِ فِي الَّذِي ابْتَلَيْتَهُمْ بِهِ، وَ يَا مُزَيِّنَ حُبِّ الْمَالِ عِنْدَ عِبَادِهِ وَ مُلْهِمَ الْاَنْفُسِ الشُّحَّ وَ السَّخَاءَ، وَ يَا فَاطِرَ الْخَلْقِ عَلَى الْفَظَاظَةِ وَ اللِّينِ غَمَّنِي دَيْنُ فُلاَنِ بْنِ فُلاَن وَ فَضَحَنِي بِمَنِّهِ عَلَيَّ بِهِ وَ أَعْيَانِي بَابُ طَلِبَتِهِ إِلاَّ مِنْكَ، يَا خَيْرَ مَطْلُوب إِلَيْهِ الْحَوَائِجُ يَا مُفَرِّجَ الْاَهَاوِيلِ فَرِّجْ هَمِّي وَ أَهَاوِيلِي فِي الَّذِي لَزِمَنِي مِنْ دَيْنِ فُلاَن بِتَيْسِيرِكَهُ لِي مِنْ رِزْقِكَ، فَاقْضِهِ يَا قَدِيرُ وَ لاَ تُهِنِّي بِتَأَخُّرِ أَدَائِهِ وَ لاَ بِتَضْيِيقِهِ عَلَيَّ وَ يَسِّرْ لِي أَدَاءَهُ، فَإِنِّي بِهِ مُسْتَرَقٌّ فَافْكُكْ رِقِّي مِنْ سَعَتِكَ الَّتِي لاَ تَبِيدُ وَ لاَ تَغِيضُ أَبَداً.
O Allah…! O You, Who put both [the poor and the affluent ones] into all kinds of trials and tests, by then rewarding them, according to their patience during their affliction and sorrow!
O God…! O You, Who have made Your servants, become interested in wealth and affluence! Moreover, You taught them greed and [avidity] along with generosity [benevolence]; O You, Who have created people as impatient and ill-tempered or on the contrary as friendly and indulgent. My debt to he, the son of he [here, mention his name] has made me become depressed and unhappy, he has disgraced and dishonored me, because of his favor and condescension toward me, and [right now,] he is demanding his due, and I really need You to help and assist me...! O God…! Verily, You are the Best One to fulfill the wishes! O You, Who withdraw and remove the miseries and worries! Pray, Do remove this calamity and affliction, which has been caused because of my debt to him... Therefore, Provide for my Provisions and Pay my debt, O Powerful and Mighty God, lest I become humiliated and embarrassed, or put under severe pressure, because of the delay for my paying my debt. Pray, Do help me to pay my debts easily and effortlessly, for I am under his humiliating favor...! Remove my affliction and Untie the knots in my life with Your extended and abundant Sustenance and Provisions, which will never perish...
[O, Muhammad!] whosoever recites this Prayer, I will discourage his creditor [s]; moreover, I shall pay off his debts.