- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
To Dispel Magic And Spells
O, Muhammad! Sorcery and black magic were present from old times, however, as long as Allah does not wish it to harm anyone, it will fail to do so. Therefore, whosoever wishes to be protected from all kinds of spells and black magic should recite this Prayer:
اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّ مُوسَى وَ خَاصَّهُ بِكَلاَمِهِ وَ هَازِمَ مَنْ كَادَهُ بِسِحْرِهِ بِعَصَاهُ وَ مُعِيدَهَا بَعْدَ الْعَوْدِ ثُعْبَاناً وَ مُلَقِّفَهَا إِفْكَ أَهْلِ الاِْفْكِ وَ مُفْسِدَ عَمَلِ السَّاحِرِينَ وَ مُبْطِلَ كَيْدِ أَهْلِ الْفَسَادِ مَنْ كَادَنِي بِسِحْر أَوْ بِضُرّ عَامِداً أَوْ غَيْرَ عَامِد أَعْلَمُهُ أَوْ لاَ أَعْلَمُهُ وَ أَخَافُهُ. أَوْ لاَ أَخَافُهُ. فَاقْطَعْ مِنْ أَسْبَابِ السَّمَاوَاتِ عَمَلَهُ حَتَّى تُرْجِعَهُ عَنِّي غَيْرَ نَافِذ وَ لاَ ضَارّ لِي وَ لاَ شَامِت بِي إِنِّي أَدْرَأُ بِعَظَمَتِكَ فِي نُحُورِ الْاَعْدَاءِ، فَكُنْ لِي مِنْهُمْ مُدَافِعاً أَحْسَنَ مُدَافَعَة وَ أَتَمَّهَا يَا كَرِيمُ.
O God…! O the Lord of Moses [to whom alone, You spoke], and You defeated the magicians’ deceitfulness and magic against Moses’ Wand. A Wand that used to be transformed into a dragon. He [i.e. Moses] used to drop his Wand in front of the false and deceitful magivians and sorcerers, by dispelling their trickeries and eradicating their magic.
Whosoever intends to put a curse on me or wishes to harm me [intentionally, or unintentionally, whether I am aware of his intention or not, and whether I am afraid of it or not], by the power of the Heavenly Forces, make his efforts abortive and ineffective against me! Therefore, he may not be able to do anything to harm or blame me. I ward off my enemies, by the power of Your Magnificence and Your Greatness. O, the Most Merciful One!
Be my Protector and my Supporter, in the best possible way...!
[O, Muhammad!] whosoever recites this Prayer, the magic and spells of sorcerers and magicians from among men and Jinns will never do him any harm, whatsoever.