- Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H): Whenever one of you is needy and brings that to other people, he will not be satisfied. and Whenever someone is needy and brings that to Lord, he shall give him what he wants. sooner or later.
- Imam Sadiq (As.): Whenever you had tenderness in your heart, Pray. because your heart doesn't get tender unless it's pure.
- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
To Attract Allah’s Contentment
O, Muhammad! Whosoever from among your Ummah [i.e. Islamic Community] is wishing to obtain My Mercy, My Blessings, My Paradise, My Affection and My Friendship, and who wishes the fulfillment of his requests and heart desires should recite this Prayer at the end of the day [at sunset] or at the end of the night [at sunrise]:
اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّنَا لَكَ الْحَمْدُ كُلُّهُ جُمْلَتُهُ وَ تَفْصِيلُهُ كَمَا اسْتَحْمَدْتَ بِهِ إِلَى أَهْلِهِ الَّذِينَ خَلَقْتَهُمْ لَهُ. اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّنَا لَكَ الْحَمْدُ حَمْداً كَمَا يَحْمَدُكَ مَنْ بِالْحَمْدِ رَضِيتَ عَنْهُ لِشُكْرِ مَا بِهِ مِنْ نِعَمِكَ.اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّنَا لَكَ الْحَمْدُ كَمَا رَضِيتَ بِهِ لِنَفْسِكَ وَ قَضَيْتَ بِهِ عَلَى عِبَادِكَ حَمْداً مَرْغُوباً فِيهِ عِنْدَ أَهْلِ الْخَوْفِ مِنْكَ لِمَهَابَتِكَ وَ مَرْهُوباً عِنْدَ أَهْلِ الْعِزَّةِ بِكَ لِسَطَوَاتِكَ وَ مَشْهُوداً عِنْدَ أَهْلِ الاِْنْعَامِ مِنْكَ لاِِنْعَامِكَ، سُبْحَانَكَ مُتَكَبِّراً فِي مَنْزِلَة تَذَبْذَبَتْ أَبْصَارُ النَّاظِرِينَ وَ تَحَيَّرَتْ عُقُولُهُمْ عَنْ بُلُوغِ عِلْمِ جَلاَلِهَا، تَبَارَكْتَ فِي مَنَازِلِكَ الْعُلَى كُلِّهَا وَ تَقَدَّسْتَ فِي الاْلاَءِ الَّتِي أَنْتَ فِيهَا أَهْلُ الْكِبْرِيَاءِ، لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ الْكَبِيرُ الْاَكْبَرُ لِلْفَنَاءِ خَلَقْتَنَا وَ أَنْتَ الْكَائِنُ لِلْبَقَاءِ، فَلاَ تَفْنَى وَ لاَ نَبْقَى وَ أَنْتَ الْعَالِمُ بِنَا وَ نَحْنُ أَهْلُ الْعِزَّةِ بِكَ وَ الْغَفْلَةِ عَنْ شَأْنِكَ وَ أَنْتَ الَّذِي لاَ تَغْفُلُ بِسِنَة وَ لاَ نَوْم بِحَقِّكَ يَا سَيِّدِي أَجِرْنِي مِنْ تَحْوِيلِ مَا أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيَّ بِهِ فِي الدِّينِ وَ الدُّنْيَا فِي أَيَّامِ الدُّنْيَا يَا كَرِيمُ.
O Allah…! O my Lord…! All praise and gratitude belong to You! Just as You have asked us to show our gratitude and appreciation toward those, who deserve to be thanked: those that You have created to praise and render grace to You. O God…! O my Lord…! All praise is due to You! Just like the praise and the gratitude of those, who have praised You and thanked You for Your Gifts, and You have been Satisfied and Pleased with them. O God…! O my Lord…! Praise be to You! All gratitude and thanks unto You, just as much as You have ordered Your slaves [servants] to praise You, so that you may be Pleased.
A praise and a glorification that please those, who fear Your Greatness, and procure the pleasure of those virtuous ones, who fear Your Magnificence and Your Supremacy, so that this praise and glorification may come into notice, by those, who benefit from your Blessings and Your Generosity. Glory to You…! You are Pure, and You are Omnipotent and Almighty! Neither the eyes of the beholders, nor their wisdom are capable to comprehend and to perceive Your Vast and Infinite Knowledge! In Your Eminent and Sublime Status, You are Perfect!
You have bestowed Infinite Blessings on everyone, and Greatness and Majesty become You. There is no god, except You! You are the Highest, the Greatest! The outcome and the conclusion of our creation is death, however, you are Imperishable and Eternal! You do not perish, while on the other hand, we humans, are not immortals! You are watching over us, and indeed, we are honorable, because of Your Will, however, we neglect You, alas…! You do not fall into sleep, to become negligent.
Therefore, by the power of Your Holy Essence, I adjure You: O our Lord and Master…! O You, the Generous One…! Do not transform all earthly and spiritual Blessings that you have bestowed upon me, into suffering and torment...!
[O, Muhammad!] whosoever recites this Prayer, I will protect and safeguard him, just as I protect My pious believers and My grateful slaves [servants].