- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
A Prayer To Reach Allah’s Satisfaction
O, Muhammad! I possess [a vast and extended] Knowledge, and whosoever comes to know about It, will procure My Satisfaction and become obedient towards Me, and I shall love him in that way and I will most certainly fulfill his dearest wishes. Whosoever aspires to experience such state should then recite this Prayer:
يَا مُزِيلَ قُلُوبِ الْمَخْلُوقِينَ عَنْ هَوَاهُمْ إِلَى هَوَاهُ وَ يَا قَاصِراً أَفْئِدَةَ الْعِبَادِ لاِِمْضَاءِ الْقَضَاءِ بِنَفَاذِ الْقَدَرِ، ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِي عَلَى طَاعَتِكَ وَ مَعْرِفَتِكَ وَ رُبُوبِيَّتِكَ وَ أَثْبِتْ فِي قَضَائِكَ وَ قَدَرِكَ الْبَرَكَةَ فِي نَفْسِي وَ أَهْلِي وَ مَالِي فِي لَوْحِ الْحِفْظِ الْمَحْفُوظِ بِحِفْظِكَ يَا حَفِيظُ الْحَافِظُ حِفْظَهُ احْفَظْنِي بِالْحِفْظِ الَّذِي جَعَلْتَ مَنْ حَفِظْتَهُ بِهِ مَحْفُوظاً، وَ صَيِّرْ شُئُونِي كُلَّهَا بِمَشِيَّتِكَ فِي الطَّاعَةِ لَكَ مِنِّي مُؤَاتِيَةً وَ حَبِّبْ إِلَيَّ حُبَّ مَا تُحِبُّ مِنْ مَحَبَّتِكَ إِلَيَّ فِي الدِّينِ وَ الدُّنْيَا، وَ أَحْيِنِي عَلَى ذَلِكَ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَ تَوَفَّنِي عَلَيْهِ وَ اجْعَلْنِي مِنْ أَهْلِهِ عَلَى كُلِّ حَال أَحْبَبْتُ أَمْ كَرِهْتُ يَا رَحِيمُ.
O Allah…! O You, Who incline the hearts of Your creatures to Your own Will and turn their hearts away from their own wishes. Indeed, You turn the hearts of Your servants, who have submitted themselves to Your Destiny and Your Verdict, to Yourself! Bestow steadfastness and constancy on my heart and my bosom, to obey and worship You. In Your “Preserved Tablet” [i.e. Allaw-houl Mahfouz], and in Your Destiny and Your Verdict, Grant me Well-being and Blessings to my body, my family and my goods!
O God…! O You, Who Protect and Preserve Your slaves [servants], pray, Do safeguard and protect me from all [harms and mischiefs]. Do change my undertakings and my wishes according to Your own Decision and Will, so that I may always obey and follow You!
Bestow Your Success on me, so that I may love and choose whatever pleases You in matters of Religion and this world. Bestow Your Success on me, so that, as long as I live on Earth, I may live and perform and then die, according to Your own Will.
O God…! O the Generous One! Grant me Your Success, so that I may obey and follow You, whether I like it or not.
[O, Muhammad!] [let it be known that] whosoever recites this Prayer, his Religion will not be afflicted by any kind of shortage or loss, and he will always rejoice for his obedience and his submission to Me.