- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
A Prayer Before Beginning A Journey
O, Muhammad! Whosoever intends to leave his family, and travel [to faraway lands] to take care of his responsibilities and businesses, and who wishes that I fulfill his requests, and then to return safely to his family should recite this Prayer, once he has left his house:
بِسْمِ اللهِ مَخْرَجِي وَ بِإِذْنِهِ خَرَجْتُ وَ قَدْ عَلِمَ قَبْلَ أَنْ أَخْرُجَ خُرُوجِي وَ قَدْ أَحْصَى عِلْمُهُ مَا فِي مَخْرَجِي وَ مَرْجِعِي، تَوَكَّلْتُ عَلَى الاِْلَهِ الْاَكْبَرِ تَوَكُّلَ مُفَوِّض إِلَيْهِ أَمْرَهُ وَ مُسْتَعِين بِهِ عَلَى شُئُونِهِ مُسْتَزِيد مِنْ فَضْلِهِ مُبْرِئ نَفْسَهُ مِنْ كُلِّ حَوْل وَ مِنْ كُلِّ قُوَّة إِلاَّ بِهِ خُرُوجَ ضَرِير خَرَجَ بِضُرِّهِ إِلَى مَنْ يَكْشِفُهُ وَ خُرُوجَ فَقِير خَرَجَ بِفَقْرِهِ إِلَى مَنْ يَسُدُّهُ وَ خُرُوجَ عَائِل خَرَجَ بِعَيْلَتِهِ إِلَى مَنْ يُغْنِيهَا وَ خُرُوجَ مَنْ رَبُّهُ أَكْبَرُ ثِقَتِهِ وَ أَعْظَمُ رَجَائِهِ وَ أَفْضَلُ أُمْنِيَّتِهِ اللهُ ثِقَتِي فِي جَمِيعِ أُمُورِي كُلِّهَا بِهِ فِيهَا جَمِيعاً أَسْتَعِينُ وَ لاَ شَيْءَ إِلاَّ مَا شَاءَ اللهُ فِي عِلْمِهِ، أَسْأَلُ اللهَ خَيْرَ الْمَخْرَجِ وَ الْمَدْخَلِ لا إِلهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ إِلَيْهِ الْمَصِيرُ.
I come out of my abode with Allah’s Remembrance and Evocation, and I go out with His Permission; however, before my exit, He knew of it. The outcome of my exit and my reentry was manifested in the Devine Science and Knowledge. I put my trust in God [my Most Beloved Creator], and rest my case in His Hands, and leave it to Him. I seek help and assistance in my affairs from Allah. I ask Him greater Excellence and Generosity. I do not possess any strength and power of my own [except by Allah’s Will]. Just like someone, who is afflicted by some adversity and who leaves his town, in order to solve his difficulties, I too leave my hometown and my region, hoping that God will removing all pressure and restriction from my person, by bestowing on me, His Solution. Just like a poor beggar, who hopes to solve and destroy his poverty and destitution, by leaving his house, and just like a needy individual, who leaves his dwelling, in search of a solution for his need, my greatest hope is in my Lord Creator, and I offer Him my greatest wish, while my greatest request is directed towards Him.
In all my affairs, I put my trust and my hope in Allah, in all my undertakings, and I seek Allah’s Help and Assistance. Allah’s Science encompasses and dominates everything. Therefore, I ask my Lord for the most beneficial exit and reentry…! There is no God but Him, and to Him is our return.
[O, Muhammad!] whosoever recites this Prayer, I will make his exit and his re-entry happy and safe.