- Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H): Whenever one of you is needy and brings that to other people, he will not be satisfied. and Whenever someone is needy and brings that to Lord, he shall give him what he wants. sooner or later.
- Imam Sadiq (As.): Whenever you had tenderness in your heart, Pray. because your heart doesn't get tender unless it's pure.
- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
To Seek Goodness In A Doubtful Matter
O, Muhammad! If someone whishes to accomplish from among two things that which pleases me more and in order to bestow on him My Success he should recite this prayer:
اللَّهُمَّ اخْتَرْ لِي بِعِلْمِكَ وَ وَفِّقْنِي بِعِلْمِكَ لِرِضَاكَ وَ مَحَبَّتِكَ. اللَّهُمَّ اخْتَرْ لِي بِقُدْرَتِكَ وَ جَنِّبْنِي بِعِزَّتِكَ وَ قُدْرَتِكَ مِنْ مَقْتِكَ وَ سَخَطِكَ. اللَّهُمَّ اخْتَرْ لِي فِيمَا أُرِيدُ مِنْ هَذَيْنِ الْاَمْرَيْنِ وَ تُسَمِّيهِمَا أَحَبَّهُمَا إِلَيْكَ وَ أَرْضَاهُمَا لَكَ وَ أَقْرَبَهُمَا مِنْكَ. اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ بِالْقُدْرَةِ الَّتِي زَوَيْتَ بِهَا عِلْمَ الْاَشْيَاءِ عَنْ جَمِيعِ خَلْقِكَ أَنْ تُصَلِّيَ عَلَى مُحَمَّد وَ آلِ مُحَمَّد وَ اغْلِبْ بَالِي وَ هَوَايَ وَ سَرِيرَتِي وَ عَلاَنِيَتِي بِأَخْذِكَ وَ اسْفَعْ بِنَاصِيَتِي إِلَى مَا تَرَاهُ لَكَ رِضًى وَ لِي صَلاَحاً فِيمَا أَسْتَخِيرُكَ فِيهِ حَتَّى تُلْزِمَنِي مِنْ ذَلِكَ أَمْراً أَرْضَى فِيهِ بِحُكْمِكَ وَ أَتَّكِلُ فِيهِ عَلَى قَضَائِكَ وَ أَكْتَفِي فِيهِ بِقُدْرَتِكَ وَ لاَ تَقْلِبْنِي وَ هَوَايَ لِهَوَاكَ مُخَالِفٌ وَ لاَ مَا أُرِيدُ لِمَا تُرِيدُ لِي مُجَانِبٌ اغْلِبْ بِقُدْرَتِكَ الَّتِي تَقْضِي بِهَا مَا أَحْبَبْتَ بِهَوَاكَ هَوَايَ، وَ يَسِّرْنِي لِلْيُسْرَى الَّتِي تَرْضَى بِهَا عَنْ صَاحِبِهَا وَ لاَ تَخْذُلْنِي بَعْدَ تَفْوِيضِي إِلَيْكَ أَمْرِي بِرَحْمَتِكَ الَّتِي وَسِعَتْ كُلَّ شَيْء.اللَّهُمَّ أَوْقِعْ خِيَرَتَكَ فِي قَلْبِي وَ افْتَحْ قَلْبِي لِلُزُومِهَا يَا كَرِيمُ آمِينَ.
O, Allah…! By Your [Divine] Science and Knowledge, Choose the most appropriate path for me, and by Your Divine Science and Wisdom, Help me seek Your Friendship and Your Contentment! By the power of Your Strength, Choose the better option for me. And by Your Greatness and Your Power, Do put a distance between Your Wrath and Your Displeasure and I!
O God…! Between these two undertakings, Deign to choose for me, that which You like most! That which will bring on to me, Your Satisfaction and Your Nearness. O God…! In the name of Your Power [with which You have taken away and erased all information, regarding all the things in the world, from the people], I adjure You to bestow your Blessings and Your Peace to Muhammad and the holy Family of Muhammad! You made my wish and my hope come true with Your Help and Assistance, so that I may be with You, at all times, inwardly and outwardly. Place me in a position that will bring on Your Satisfaction and Your Pleasure; and which is for my benefit. I hope You will bestow Your Blessings on me. Right now [I am perplexed and puzzled], therefore Guide me to do the thing that is more harmonious and in accordance with Your Command and the Destiny You have decided for me! Right now, I have put my trust in Your Will and Your Destiny. I rely on Your Power and Your Strength. Do not make my will and my wishes go against Your Will and that which You have decided for me! Deign to choose for me, that which pleases and satisfies You more than anything else, by Your Power, and with the help of which, You accomplish everything [in this world], and Will it for me! Help me to accomplish an easy task, which is according to Your Pleasure and Your Contentment. Now that I leave all my affairs to Your Will, Do not leave me on my own! I adjure You, by Your Mercy that embraces all things! O God…! Grant me Your Benevolence and Goodness, and Make my heart be a longtime companion to all good things, O You, Who are the Generous One...! O You, Who fulfill my wish!
[O, Muhammad!] whosoever recites this Prayer, I will do whatever is in his benefit, in the present time or in the future.