- Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H): Whenever one of you is needy and brings that to other people, he will not be satisfied. and Whenever someone is needy and brings that to Lord, he shall give him what he wants. sooner or later.
- Imam Sadiq (As.): Whenever you had tenderness in your heart, Pray. because your heart doesn't get tender unless it's pure.
- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
To Make A Request To A Ruler
O, Muhammad! Whosoever has a request from a ruler [sultan, leader, etc] should recite this Prayer:
يَا مَنْ هُوَ أَوْلَى بِهَذَا مِنْ نَفْسِهِ وَ يَا أَقْرَبَ إِلَيْهِ مِنْ قَلْبِهِ وَ يَا أَعْلَمَ بِهِ مِنْ غَيْرِهِ وَ يَا رَازِقَهُ مِمَّا هُوَ فِي يَدَيْهِ مِمَّا أَحْتَاجُ إِلَيْهِ إِلَيْكَ أَطْلُبُ وَ بِكَ أَتَشَفَّعُ لِنَجَاحِ حَاجَتِي، فَخُذْ لِي حِينَ أُكَلِّمُهُ بِقَلْبِهِ فَاغْلِبْهُ لِي حَتَّى أَبْتَزَّ مِنْهُ حَوَائِجِي كُلَّهَا بِلاَ امْتِنَاع مِنْهُ وَ لاَ مَنّ وَ لاَ رَدّ وَ لاَ فَظَاظَة، يَا حَيّاً فِي غِنًى لاَ تَمُوتُ وَ لاَتُبْلَى، أَمِتْ قَلْبَهُ عَنْ رَدِّي بِلاَ قَضَاءِ الْحَاجَةِ وَ اقْضِ لِي طَلِبَتِي فِي الَّذِي قِبَلَهُ، وَ خُذْهُ لِي فِي ذَلِكَ أَخْذَ عَزِيز مُقْتَدِر بِحَقِّ قُدْرَتِكَ الَّتِي غَلَبْتَ بِهَا الْعَالَمِينَ.
O Allah…! O You, Who have more right over the ruler than the ruler has over himself.
O God…! O You, Who are Closer to the ruler’s heart than he himself is. O God…! O You, Who are more Aware of the ruler’s state of being and mind than he himself is.
O God…! O You, Who have bestowed on the ruler, the proper strength and the power that we need. I have a favor to ask from You, and I take You as my Intercessor before Your own Threshold, so that You would make my wish come true, and fulfill my desire! When I shall speak to him, pray, Make it so that his heart may soften towards me! Therefore, he would incline towards me, so that I may be able to ask him all my wishes and my heart’s desires, without him refusing my requests or without me, being at his mercy, or him not willing to accept my requests or that he may throw me out of his sight...
O God…! O You, Who are Alive and Free from all needs…! You are Eternal, Imperishable, and Free from all restrictions…! Do not let this ruler throw me out of his sight [without my request having been fulfilled]
Pray, Do fulfill my request by his hands and with the authority that he possesses… Fulfill my request with utmost power, and mightily, through him, with the same Power and Might that You have dominated, predominate and prevailed over the Worlds [i.e. Ālamin].
[O, Muhammad,] if he makes this Prayer, I will fulfill his wish, by the very hands of that ruler in particular.