- Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H): Whenever one of you is needy and brings that to other people, he will not be satisfied. and Whenever someone is needy and brings that to Lord, he shall give him what he wants. sooner or later.
- Imam Sadiq (As.): Whenever you had tenderness in your heart, Pray. because your heart doesn't get tender unless it's pure.
- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
To Free Oneself From The Troubles
O, Muhammad! Whosoever from among Your Ummah [i.e. Islamic Community] is afflicted by any kind of calamity or misfortune in his soul, in his Religion, in his world, in his family or in his goods, and who wishes desperately to get out of it should come to my Threshold, by reciting this Prayer:
يَا مُمْتَنّاً عَلَى أَهْلِ الصَّبْرِ بِتَطْوِيقِكَهُمْ بِالدَّعَةِ الَّتِي أَدْخَلْتَهَا عَلَيْهِمْ بِطَاعَتِكَ لاَ حَوْلَ وَ لاَ قُوَّةَ إِلاَّ بِكَ، فَدَحَتْنِي مُصِيبَةٌ قَدْ فَتَنَتْنِي وَ أَعْيَتْنِي الْمَسَالِكُ لِلْخُرُوجِ مِنْهَا وَ اضْطَرَّنِي إِلَيْكَ الطَّمَعُ فِيهَا مَعَ حُسْنِ الرَّجَاءِ لَكَ فِيهَا فَهَرَبْتُ إِلَيْكَ بِنَفْسِي وَ انْقَطَعْتُ إِلَيْكَ لِضُرِّي وَ رَجَوْتُكَ لِدُعَائِي قَدْ هَلَكْتُ فَأَغِثْنِي وَ اجْبُرْ مُصِيبَتِي بِجَلاَءِ كَرْبِهَا وَ إِدْخَالِكَ الصَّبْرَ عَلَيَّ فِيهَا فَإِنَّكَ إِنْ خَلَّيْتَ بَيْنِي وَ بَيْنَ مَا أَنَا فِيهِ هَلَكْتُ، فَلاَ صَبْرَ لِي يَا ذَا الاِسْمِ الْجَامِعِ الَّذِي فِيهِ عَظِيمُ الشُّئُونِ كُلِّهَا بِحَقِّكَ وَ أَغِثْنِي بِتَفْرِيجِ مُصِيبَتِي عَنِّي يَا كَرِيمُ.
O, Allah…! O You, Who have favored the Patient, and placed the yoke of servitude and submission on their necks: indeed, whatever force and power exist, they come form you!
The great burden of a calamity has made me fall into dust… In order to come out of it, I have covered long fields and become painfully exhausted and weak…! I aspire to You, to make my calamity disappear, for I have put my only hope in You! I have turned to You for all my troubles and have lost all hopes! While, I only hope in You...!
I dearly hope that You would fulfill my Prayer, I have been crushed and overwhelmed...! Pray, Help and Assist me! Please, give me patience and endurance in this calamity, and Make it disappear; and by doing so, Remove my adversity and tragedy. If You leave me on my own with this tragedy, I will die of it, and be crushed under its heavy burden, and I will not have any endurance and patience anymore…!
O God…! O You, Who have all the Perfect Names…! Names that describe and expose great and eminent things, O You, the Generous One…! I adjure and implore You, by the grace of Your illustrious Essence…! Help and Assist me and Take away my calamity!
[O, Muhammad!] If my [servant] makes this Prayer to Me, I will grant him patience and endurance, and will inspire him to show his gratitude and thankfulness toward Me, therefore, by doing so, I will take away his calamity.