- I told to Imam Baqir (A.S): “What is the meaning of “truly, Ibrahim was awwah and patient”? He replied: “Awwah means (the one who is) praying (to) and wailing (for God) a lot.””
- “Two people, who have acted alike, enter the heaven, but one of them sees the other one in a higher place. Then, he says: O’ Lord! How come has he a superior place in comparison to me while we acted alike? God the Almighty replies: “because he asked Me (whatever he needed) and you did not do that”.
- “The most knowledgeable person to God is the one who asks more from Him”
- “Whoever prays a lot, the angels say: this voice is familiar (to us) and this is the prayer which is accepted and this is the need which is provided”
- “There is no servant who goes to a land and opens their hands and praises God and prays, unless God fills the land with his rewards, whether it is vast or tiny”
- If you knew god the way you should’ve known, Mountains definitely will be moved by your prayers.
- Crying out of fear of god is the key to his mercy, it’s a sign for his acceptance and it’s a door to answering (your prayers)
- Pray to god and believe in his answeres. But understand that god wont accept prays from an unwitting oblivious heart.
To Free Oneself From Poverty And Destitution
O, Muhammad! Whosoever is afflicted by poverty and any kind of shortage, and who wishes to be freed and released from those afflictions, should come to my Threshold and say:
يَا مَحَلَّ كُنُوزِ أَهْلِ الْغِنَى وَ يَا مُغْنِيَ أَهْلِ الْفَاقَةِ مِنْ سَعَةِ تِلْكَ الْكُنُوزِ بِالْعَائِدَةِ إِلَيْهِمْ وَ النَّظَرِ لَهُمْ، يَا اللهُ لاَ يُسَمَّى غَيْرُكَ إِلَهاً إِنَّمَا الاْلِهَةُ كُلُّهَا مَعْبُودَةٌ دُونَكَ بِالْفِرْيَةِ وَ الْكَذِبِ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ، يَا سَادَّ الْفَقْرِ وَ يَا جَابِرَ الْكَسْرِ وَ يَا كَاشِفَ الضُّرِّ وَ يَا عَالِمَ السَّرَائِرِ، صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّد وَ آلِهِ وَ ارْحَمْ هَرَبِي إِلَيْكَ مِنْ فَقْرِي، أَسْأَلُكَ بِاسْمِكَ الْحَالِّ فِي غِنَاكَ الَّذِي لاَ يَفْتَقِرُ ذَاكِرُهُ أَبَداً أَنْ تُعِيذَنِي مِنْ لُزُومِ فَقْر أَنْسَى بِهِ الدِّينَ أَوْ بِسُوءِ غِنًى أُفْتَتَنُ بِهِ عَنِ الطَّاعَةِ بِحَقِّ نُورِ أَسْمَائِكَ كُلِّهَا أَطْلُبُ إِلَيْكَ مِنْ رِزْقِكَ كَفَافاً لِلدُّنْيَا تَعْصِمُ بِهِ الدِّينَ لاَ أَجِدُ لِي غَيْرَكَ مَقَادِيرُ الْاَرْزَاقِ عِنْدَكَ، فَانْفَعْنِي مِنْ قُدْرَتِكَ فِيهَا بِمَا تَنْزِعُ بِهِ مَا نَزَلَ بِي مِنَ الْفَقْرِ يَا غَنِيُّ يَا مُجِيبُ.
O Allah…! O You, Who are the treasure of the affluent people. O You, Who make Your poor and needy slaves [servants] become rich and prosperous, by Your countless, limitless Treasures! Indeed, You show Your Mercy and Grace to them!
O Allah…! None can be called a god, except You! They worshipped false deities instead of You. No one has the right to be worshipped, except He!
O You, Who remove poverty, and set and adjust the broken bones together, and remove adversity and affliction! O, You, who know the [innermost] secrets of everyone! Grant Your Blessings, and Peace to Muhammad, and the holy Family of Muhammad!
Because of my poverty, I have come to Your Threshold! Show then Your Mercy to me.
I invoke you, by the Name, which indicates that indeed, You are the Self-sufficient ad Free from all needs! And if Your slaves [servants] call on You with that Name, they will never be destitute and unprosperous. Protect me from a poverty, which afflicts me with irreligiousness, heresy, and unbelief! By the power of the Light that exists in Your Names, Do not let me fall into disobedience and rebellion from too much prosperity! I ask You to bestow a good Sustenance and abundant Provisions upon my person, that would be more than enough for my earthly life, moreover, to protect my Faith and my Religion!
I only have hope in You...! The amount of my Provisions is in Your Hand...
O You, Who is the All-sufficient, and He, who answers readily the Prayers, [O, the All-provider], Provide for my Provisions, so that they may remove my poverty and my destitution!
[O, Muhammad!] When my slaves [servant] makes this Prayer, I will remove any sense of poverty and destitution from his body and soul, and will dress him with the Garment of Sufficiency and will make him content.